How To Get Ghanaian Visa
- Visa Application Forms must be filled and signed
- Colour Passport size photos (2) to be pasted or stapled in designated place on application form
- Business, Residential addresses and contact telephone numbers to be provided
- Financial means to be indicated
- Proposed date of travel
- References' names and addresses, as well as lodging in Ghana (if it is a hotel, details are to be provided)
- For children under the age of 18, a letter of consent from a parent or legal guardian is required.
- Invitation Letter
Entry Requirements for Ghana
- Visitors visiting Ghana must have a valid passport or other appropriate travel documentation.
- All visitors entering Ghana must have valid entrance visas or, in the case of Commonwealth nationals, entry permits issued by a Ghana diplomatic mission or consulate abroad, or any other visa granting authority authorized by the Ghana government to act on its behalf. (Nationals of ECOWAS and other countries with which the Ghanaian government has bilateral agreements are excluded.)
- All travelers over the age of nine(9) months entering or transiting through Ghana must have been vaccinated against Yellow Fever at least ten(10) days prior to their intended date of travel, and if already vaccinated, provide evidence (certificate) indicating a vaccination status of not more than ten(10) years before entering Ghana.
Conditions for the Issue of Visa
- Personnel from foreign organizations and tourists to Ghana for leisure, study, business, or transit may be given visas.
- A single-entry or multiple-entry visa may be granted.
- Visas are only valid for three months and must be used within three months of being issued. Visas of up to a year's duration may be given for particular purposes.
- Visitors traveling on business must provide proof of this, such as a letter from their company, whereas those visiting Ghana on the invitation of Ghanaian nationals, residents, or institutions must provide a letter of invitation from their hosts.
- Visitors may be asked to produce proof of sufficient cash for the duration of their stay in the country or to furnish a return or through ticket to a country to which they have a right of entry. Prospective employees must work within the quota of authorized immigrants. Travelers arriving from countries without a Ghanaian diplomatic or consular presence may be granted emergency visas at entry points, but such applications must be approved by the Director of the Immigration Service through their sponsors before they arrive in Ghana.
- For consideration, applications for additional extensions of visitors' permits must be submitted to the Director of the Ghana Immigration Service. Tourists may be permitted to stay for three months provided the Ghana Immigration Service determines that they have sufficient financial resources.
- Visitors are not allowed to work in the nation, even if there is an opening on a prospective employer's Immigrant Quota.
- Professionals (doctors, attorneys, nurses, and so on) are obliged to disclose details about their qualifications so that their registration eligibility can be determined.
- Applicants going to Ghana on a VISIT must produce a letter of invitation from their Ghanaian host.
Before landing in Ghana, travelers should double-check that they have all of the essential paperwork.